Apprentice Judging Program
Are you interested in learning how to judge gymnastics? Team North Carolina AAU has created a program that will give you the opportunity to be a judge at real gymnastics meets starting in 2023! Below is a list of basic information. If you wish to pursue this amazing opportunity or learn more, please contact: Cris Fuller at [email protected]. To register for the test, please contact: Terri Robertson at [email protected].
- AAU Members who are a minimum of 14 years old will take a 50 question, open book, multiple choice test to demonstrate an understanding of the AAU guidelines for only Bronze, Silver & Gold levels.
- Apprentices will need to locate the AAU Rules (link below) & are responsible for securing their own judging materials (Xcel Code of Points) either through their club or by purchasing them online.
- Apprentices will be assigned to a maximum of 3 sessions (8 hours) a day at a local (30 mile radius) AAU Qualifier.
- Hourly rate of $15.00/hr paid by Team North Carolina through electronic means (Venmo) as a stipend for their training. No mileage, hotel, or per diem will be paid.
- Apprentice Judges will be assigned to bronze, silver, and gold sessions with an experienced & high rated NAWGJ chief judge and the Apprentice scores will not count.
- AAU Apprentice Judges must be AAU Members.